Even though they are a bit costly, having a box fan is a very important necessity in order to keep you and your home cool especially if you are living in extremely hot areas such as the coastal regions where it is hot all year round and you have no choice but to have a fan or two for your household and the office.
If you can have a box fan, you can replace it with an air conditioner. The good thing about these boxes is that they have higher CFM and their installation is not that elaborate and complicated as compared to other fans. The other good side of these fans is that they help lower costs as compared to the others.
If you are considering getting a box fan for your home or the office without having to dig deep into your pockets especially when those bills arrive, here is a guide that points you to the right ones. You want something highly functional, durable, and cost-effective.
1. Holmes Blizzard Rotating Fan
This is the best box fan to have around your home because it has a lot to offer. Plus, its features are just so hard to ignore. To start, this box fan can be set to automatically shut itself because it has a timer on it. All you need to do is to set how long you want it on and when the time frame set for it is up, it simply switches itself off.
The fan also comes with a convenient remote control that enables you to operate the machine from anywhere within the room. This means that you will not have to go all the way to its location to switch it on and off. The box also comes with speed settings that allow you to select your optimal comfort.
This machine is designed with a powerful rotating grill for wide area coverage. The cooling, when the machine is turned on, will immediately spread all across the room and cover as much area as possible. The machine also features sleep and breeze mode, code storage, and a carry handle.
- It has a wide area coverage of up to 500 sq. ft.
- It comes with cord storage.
- Ideal for large rooms.
- It has a big handle for easy carriage.
- Features automatic shut off the power.
- Sleep and breeze mode.
- Convenient remote control.
- Oscillates with no fan movement after some time.
2. Fan-Tastic Vent 0100WH Endless Breeze Fan
Who doesn’t mind some rhythmic annoying endless noise? I hate noise so much that even watching TV or just listening to the radio is noise to me. Having a noisy box fan can be annoying to me and I would be willing to go deeper into my pockets so that I could have my peace and quiet while enjoying a gentle breeze and cooling from a fan.
If you are like me when it comes to noise, this Endless Breeze Fan is just the right one for you. It operates with very low sound levels that your ears can barely even detect. It will restore that right temperature to your room by not making a lot of fuss as compared to many others. I like to say that it operates just like a smooth criminal.
This box fan is multipurpose and extremely portable therefore you can travel with it to those long safaris with very hot temperatures both day and night. Once turned on, you get instant airflow rushing into the room and changing the temperature to the desired levels. The speed on this fan is adjustable and you can set it to a degree that favors you best.
- Instant airflow when switched on.
- Extremely portable and you can take it with you for your trips to hot places.
- Multi-purpose and extremely functional.
- Very low undecipherable sound levels.
- Varying speed levels for adjustments.
- The build is not as appealing.
3. Hurricane Box Fan
This small sturdy box fan is ideal for homes, greenhouses, garages, and workshops. Their small size enables them to fit in place without occupying too much space and getting in the way all the time because of its humongous size. If you are living in a small corner room and the temperatures tend to get unbearable, then this is ideal for you.
It comes with a 5 feet power code. This means that it can still be connected to power no matter how far it is located from the power source. It also features convenient 3-speed settings. This makes it comfortable and very easy for you to operate.
You can adjust the speed to your liking depending on the current temperature of the room. This box fan has increasing, and decreasing features just designed for that purpose. Besides that, the fan comes in a compact sturdy shape that can make it stay put in the allocated space. It is also light in weight and it can easily be moved around.
- Very versatile and can be used at home, greenhouse, garage, and even in an office.
- Features 3-speed setting.
- Sturdy and compact in shape.
- Very light in weight and easy to move around.
- You can increase or decrease the temperature as suits you.
- Comes with a 5-foot power cord.
- The power cord is 120 volts.
- It is ETL listed.
- The fan makes too many noises.
4. Lasco 3300 Wind Machine Fan
This is one of the most powerful box machines that do not utilize as much power as compared to the rest. Because of its efficient energy operations, you will not be slapped with hefty electricity bills every other month. Despite that, it still has the three-fan speed feature and it is a money-saving option. Who wouldn’t want this at their disposal?
The machine works by moving a lot of air even at the lowest setting. This machine is ideal for homes and wet basement. It can even be used at the gymnasiums. Think about the enclosed spaces with fewer openings to bring in enough breeze to the room. Think of this as a means of bringing cooling comfort even to the largest of spaces. Its pivoting head can direct the air in whatsoever direction you choose.
This high-velocity fan is extremely easy to move around because of its lightweight nature. It has a grip handle that even makes things better by making it portable. The box fan also features a 6 feet long cord that allows you to rotate the machine all around the room to cool the desired areas. Some people need lulling sounds to sleep and this machine might as well act as your lullaby with its white noise effects.
- Features a 6-inch chord that allows rotation.
- Does not consume too much power yet is powerful.
- High-velocity machines.
- Features three-fan speed.
- Moves a lot of air even at the lowest setting.
- Features a pivoting head that can be tilted around.
- Lightweight and extremely portable.
- It has a handgrip.
- Produces the white noise effect that can lull you to sleep.
- Highly durable and ETL-listed.
- Excellent for closed patios.
- The blades rub on the other parts of the machine.
- The white noise is not everyone’s cup of tea.
5. Black & Decker Frameless Tabletop Box Fan
This compact size fan is most suitable for desktops, tabletops. They can even be placed on countertops. Let’s call it a personal box fan that can be placed on the bedside table, office desks, and other personal spaces. The slim square design is uniquely frameless therefore requires very minimal spaces and you can even place it on windowsills.
It is lightweight and of course portable therefore you can easily move around with it when you are changing positions around the house or even in the office. It has the 3-speed air circulation feature and it is adjustable to allow you to customize your own airflow. The best feature of it all is that you don’t get to hear a squeak from this box fan because it works quietly but sufficiently.
The machine does not require all the elaborate and complicated installments. All you need to do is connect to a power source and there you go. The box fan is very easy to use, and the control panels are extremely easy to access. It comes with guaranteed satisfaction with a one-year warranty.
- Small compact size ideal for minimal spaces.
- Fast, personal cooling machine.
- The slim, square design is uniquely frameless.
- Lightweight and highly portable.
- Features 3-speed air circulation.
- It is quiet and non-destructive.
- Customizable airflow.
- Easy to operate control panels and easy to install.
- Adjustable 9-inch durable blades.
- Guaranteed satisfaction with a one-year warranty.
- Complaints of burning smell after some uses.
- Only sufficient for small personal spaces.
6. Honeywell TurboForce Air Circulation Fan
This is yet another box fan for personal spaces. This fan is small but features a 3-speed air circulation system. The machine also has a 90-degree pivoting head that can be tilted and aimed at the desired place. It is compact and it can be mounted on a table and countertops or a small space in the wall.
This excessively quiet machine has an aerodynamic turbo design to maximize air movement for intense cooling or energy-saving air circulation. This machine is designed to help increase your comfort while reducing the energy cost because it utilizes minimal power. This machine carries a variety of fans while ensuring that you do not spend beyond your means because it is cost-effective.
The best part of it all is that this extremely versatile little machine can work all year round regardless of the season changes. It follows the suit of the seasons. When it is hot, it activates its breezing function. When it gets cold, it will circulate hot air all across the room. What amazes me the most is that despite this, it still is nice and merciful when the electricity bills come knocking.
- Help improve air circulation while acting as an energy saver.
- Reduces energy consumption and costs.
- Ideal for personal spaces and can be mounted on minimal spaces.
- Uses aerodynamic turbo design to maximize air movement.
- Intense cooling and heating when needed.
- Uses the 3-speed air circulation system.
- Features 90 degrees pivoting head.
- It is quiet and non-destructive.
- Easy to malfunction.
- Ideal for smaller spaces.
7. Opolar Desk Fan with Timer
Despite its small compact size, this machine is a super performer that releases strong airflow. This is a progressive improvement from the previous USB metal fan version. It works by pushing back a huge punch and it cools you down almost immediately. The fan is super strong, but the noise is relatively reduced to less than 50dB.
This quiet feature makes it ideal to be used especially when working or sleeping or in the middle of an activity that requires total peace and quiet. This machine is powered by a 4.9ft USB cable. It is therefore compatible with USB enabled devices like phones, laptops, and computers. It also uses power banks and a USB enabled power system.
This USB fan is energy saving because it does not consume too much power. It is also environmentally friendly. The fan is also adjustable and very easy to clean. Its head can tilt up to 40 degrees therefore it can be aimed at the desired area without too many movements. During summers, this is your best friend. It will save you from hot flashes thereby making your summers smooth and enjoyable.
- Small, mighty and super strong.
- Uses a 4-speed control system.
- The noise is less than 5odB.
- Ideal to be used when working, reading, or sleeping.
- It is USB powered with 4.9 ft. USB cable.
- Compatible with USB enabled devices.
- It is energy-saving and cost-effective.
- It is environmentally friendly.
- Adjustable and easy to clean system.
- Features a 40 degree pivotal head.
- The front cover is removable.
- Saves you from hot flashes especially during summer.
- Non-durable construction is made of plastic.
- Does not cover a wide area.